Disney announced a few new Star Wars experiences coming to Hollywood Studios starting in mid-December, including new characters int the daytime stage show, new replicas at Star Wars Launch Bay and the return of a nighttime Star Wars fireworks.
The announcements came during a live stream in which Disney turned Spaceship Earth in Epcot in the Death Star.
The Advanced Weapons Research Troopers are joining the daytime Star Wars
show at Hollywood Studios in Disney World. They are pictured here in
a Disney publicity photo.
All of this is being done as “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” opens in theaters worldwide on Dec. 16.
Michael Roddy, show director, Disney Creative Entertainment, made the following announcement during the live stream:
Star Wars Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios is updated with authentic replicas from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” joining other Star Wars memorabilia in the preview gallery. Making-of footage from “Rogue One” has been added to the “Meet the Makers” film featured in Star Wars Launch Bay.
Starting Dec. 16, 2016, Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away,” the daytime stage show will feature the Advance Weapons Research Troopers. These soldiers are in black Stormtrooper armor and are the bodyguards and enforcers for Director Krennic.
From Dec. 16 through Dec. 31, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” will return to Hollywood Studios as a second nightly fireworks spectacular at the park through Dec. 31. The show will continue to be presented in 2017.
Starting mid-December, the random adventures will return to Star Tours – the Adventures Continue. Instead of each ride experience launching from the planet of Jakku, the attraction will be randomized to both start and end at different locations for every galactic journey. New scenes from “Star Wars: Episode VIII” will be added to Star Tours in 2017.
In 2017, a new seven-hour Star Wars guided tour will be offered and include:
- A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide
- Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay
- An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay
- Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”
- A Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express
- A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
- Younglings ages 4-12 on the guided tour package can also train in the way of The Force in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.